Mission of the College of Business
The College of Business of STUST aims to become a highly recognized and influential business school throughout the Asian region.
We are devoted to advance and disseminate business knowledge to serve business and society.
In Keeping with this mission, we endeavor to:
- Develop business leaders, professionals and scholars, with advanced cognition capability and ethical thinking.
- Integrate academic and industry partnership through cooperative efforts to innovate new technologies and business strategies.
- Provide industrial consultancy and public policy advisory to serve the evolving needs of Taiwan and Asian region.
- 1992 – The two-year junior college program was first
established with the Department of Tourism.
- 1997 – The two-year undergraduate program was
established, and the two-year junior college program continued.
- 1999 – The four-year undergraduate program was
- 2000 – The department changed its name to the
Department of Leisure, Recreation, and Tourism Management.
- 2003 – The Master’s program was first established.
- 2005 – The weekend master’s program was offered.
- Improve the real functions of our committee.
- Strengthen international exchanges and continue
to cooperate with Hakuo University to encourage students to visit each other
during the summer and take courses.
- Continue to join international seminars every
- Invite overseas professors to give lectures in our department.
- Train students to get certificates for team
leaders, tour guides, and travel agency managers.
Our department focuses on leisure expertise,
excellence, cooperation, and international outlook. Students may enter a wide
variety of careers in travel agencies, hotels, restaurants, airlines, resorts,
marketing departments, national parks, scenic areas, theme parks, and many
other institutions that provide leisure services. For further studies, students may choose
leisure and tourism graduate programs in Taiwan or other countries.
No. 1, Nan-Tai Street, Yungkang Dist., Tainan City 710, Taiwan R.O.C
Phone：06-2533131 ext 4901