The department upholds the school motto of "honesty and faith,” cultivating human culture, science and technology, innovative thinking and fostering an international perspective to promote practical talents. The department is comprised of five core areas: Humanities and Social Sciences, College of Business, Digital Design School of Engineering and Research Center, which focuses on teaching and research, as well as theory and practice. It is the school’s aim to provide continual development to develop enterprise-class institutions. The department concentrates on developing a professional knowledge and ability, and humane care; hardware and software construction; theoretical teaching and featured production; academic research and industry-university cooperation; and both domestic development and international exchange.
Education goals of our department
Our educational objectives are:
- To establish a highly competitive international university with the best domestic-industry cooperation for teaching and research.
- To develop a global vision and independent thinking in both the humanities and high technology training, both of which are highly valued and socially useful talents.
Southern Taiwan University of Science and Technology (STUST) is a famous university and research center located in Yongkang City, Tainan. STUST has an excellent location which is close to downtown, and also close to the Tainan Science and Industry Park and Yongkang Industrial Zone. By considering advantages and disadvantages of our campus and students, the president Dr. Lu, carefully planned the university strategies, and set up goals for STUST’s development.
The goals for College of Engineering include:
- To learn engineering and management knowledge that can solve problems and encourage cooperate between different groups.
- To have research and development abilities that meet industry needs.
- To establish characteristics of lifelong learning and social care.
The goals of our department focus on education and research in computer science and information engineering. These include innovative thinking, professional ability, teamwork, social care and sustainable development. Our department is accredited by the Institute of Engineering Education (IEET), and we are continuously improving our education goals and students' core competence with colleagues, experts, graduated students, company managers, high school teachers and students' parents.
Admissions and academic classes
1. Undergraduate degree. (8 classes, two classes for each grade)
2. Graduate school.
3. 4-years night school.
All the classes are accredited by the Institute of Engineering Education (IEET).